Last updated: 05/07/2014
Click the image above to see it in full
Preparing the Model
1. Start PmxEditor. Go to 'File' -> 'Open'.
2. Select the model you wish to apply the effect on, and click 'Open'.
2.5. If you are working with a .pmd model, be sure to convert your model to .pmx format first.
3. Go to 'Edit' -> 'Plug-in' -> 'CSScript' -> 'C# Script'.
4. In this new window, go to 'File' -> 'Open'.
5. Select 'モデル変換スクリプト.cx' and click 'Open'.
6. Click 'Execute'. This process may take a few minutes, and PmxEditor may freeze during this time. Do not be alarmed.
7. Once the process has finished, PmxEditor will unfreeze and you will see the message 'Start script execution......End.'. You will also see a new material named 'セルフ影作成' at the top of the material list. Do not move this new material from its place at the top of the list.
8. Save your model, ensuring that it is in a .pmx format.
Using the Effect
1. Go to 'accessory manipulation' and click 'load'.
2. Select 'VolumeShadow.x' and click 'Open'.
3. Go to 'MMEffect' and select 'Effect Mapping'.
4. In this new window, select the prepared model that you wish to apply the effect to, and click 'Set Effect'.
5. Select 'full_VolumeShadow.fx' and click 'Open'.
6. Select all the other models and click 'Set Effect'.
7. This time, select 'full_WithoutSV.fx' and click 'Open'.
8. Click 'Apply' then 'Okay'.