Last updated: 21/05/2011
AlphaEye turns a model’s hair transparent so that the eye can be seen.
Click the image above to see it in full
1. Go to 'MMEffect' and select 'Effect Mapping'.
2. In this new window, select the model you wish to apply the effect to, and click 'Set Effect'.
3. Select 'AlphaEye.fx' or 'AlphaEye_SoftShadow.fx' and click 'Open'.
4. Right-click your model and select 'subset-extract'.
5. Navigate to the 'BaseRT' tab. Select and hide, or uncheck all the subsets that you wish to be translucent, such as the hair. Repeat this step in the 'AlphaRT' tab.
6. In the 'AlphaRT' tab, select the subsets that you wish to be visible, such as the eyes. Click 'Set Effect'.
7. Select 'AlphaMask.fx' and click 'Open'.
8. Click 'Apply' then 'Okay'.
Editing the Code Parameters
There are no code parameters in AlphaEye to edit.